Monday 1 July 2013

Nicole's First Blog of Session 1

Hey everyone its Nicole Dannecker here. It has been a great first week here at keeners and a great beginning of what I’m sure will be an exciting three weeks of kayaking down the Ottawa. I don’t know what else I can say other than the coaches Devin Scott, Tyler Curtis, Joel Kowalski, Juanito De Ugarte, and all the other keeners are great! They are very encouraging and we are growing into one big happy family, well something like that at least.

This weekend we had our first aid course for us keeners who haven’t taken it yet, and while yes it is a bit boring, it is very reassuring to know that everyone we are paddling with has the ability to take care of anyone should anything go wrong.
Running Little Trickle Rapid

 I am really excited to take on the second week with our new head coach Steven Wright and take on all of the challenges he has to offer. The last thing I have to say is that I am so grateful to my parents for getting me started with kayaking and sending me here and most of all listening to my excitement about all of the rapids here and the keener camp and also to our keener mom Anna Bruno for taking care of us and giving us advice on and off the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment