Tuesday 9 July 2013

Hello everyone my name is Jordan and this is my last blog post for keeners this year. I have had an amazing time and I know I will be affected by my time here for the rest of my life. I have made friends and connections all around the world from Norway to Costa Rica and i have learned skills, both for life and for kayaking, that I will always keep with me. I have improved so much over the last two weeks thanks to determination and our amazing coaches. Just yesterday I was able to do my first bow stall, a skill that I have been attempting for over two years. Everyone is so supportive of each other and our community here is safe and strong.
Working on the double pump to get my bowstall

My time on the Ottawa has been incredible. In two weeks I have surfed both mini bus and garb, run new lines and surfed new waves almost every day. Watching the river change has been incredible and I am so happy that I have gotten this chance to be a part of it. The Ottawa has pushed my limits in every way from pushing new, hard, technical lines, to unbelievably huge crashing waves to surf. I love this river and the people on it and I look forward to being part of this great community again.
Until next year!
Jordan Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment