Thursday 25 July 2013

David's 2nd Post: Beatdown day and Reppeling

Hey guys I'm back for my second post at OKS Keeners!

As you may know from my last post, I paddled with the teen camp last week to learn how to roll. Well this week is my first week on the river with the keeners, and so far it's been a blast!

Today was big water beat-down day, so everyone did things that we were afraid to do or haven't done before (get trashed in right-side Phil's, etc). To start off the day everyone had to run Makoy's three times, and every time had to be a line that we have never done before. My first line was the Right-Side Sneak, my second was Phil's Tounge, and my last line was to punch through Left-Side Phil's. I got pretty beat-down in my last run and I ended up swimming.

After our three runs at Makoy's rapid we all ran the main channel of the river. It was my first time running the main, and I liked it a lot better than the middle channel. We also got to simulate a waterfall and practice the falling position by jumping off a 10 foot rock in our kayaks. Needless to say i got to practice my whitewater roll a lot.

Anyways, this past week has been awesome and has gone by so quickly! Make sure to check back next Thursday for my last Keener blog!
Getting Beatdown in Left Side Phils. It was an experience. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!I am glad you are having a blast. For me, with my imagination, it sounds pretty scary though.
    Please come back home in one piece cuz I will not be around for a couple days after your arrival to take care of you:)
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete