Thursday 18 July 2013

David Koyrakh's Post

Hey, my name is David. I am 14 years old, from Minnesota, and this is my first time at OKS.

I got into kayaking after going to the Banff Mountain Film Festival's Radical Reels tour about a year and a half ago. The videos showed me how amazing kayaking is, and were one of my main inspirations to start. A few weeks after seeing the film festival I bought a kayak, and went out on the lake behind my house almost everyday. I also went to local rivers every week or so.
I learned about the Ottawa Kayak School through kayaking videos, and I decided that I really wanted to go after doing some online researching about it. After some convincing, my parents were willing to let me go. I signed up for keeners, and my dad and I went on a three day road trip to get here. My dad is going camping/kayaking for a week with his friend and taking a whitewater class here at OKS for one week.

I've been having an awesome time here. I have been paddling with the teen camp this week to learn how to roll, and so far I rolled in whitewater three times. I will join the keeners on the river soon (one or two days?).

Anyways, that's all for today. Make sure to check back every Thursday to read my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the keeners! Love this blogging thing! Wish I could be there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wish you were here too! Make sure to check back on Thursdays to read my posts!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I was trying to put my comment right after I saw your post last week but somehow it didn't get through.
    Anyway, I am very happy for you and can't wait to see your next post. Please write more about your routine and what you do during the day. Is it only kayaking, the whole day?I wish too to see your progress and miss you:)
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete