Tuesday 2 July 2013

Davids 2nd Post


Getting Squarted on Iron Ring. 
This past week has been awesome!  The whole group has improved a ton, and we’ve been really pushing our limits.  I got to run some harder lines, like Elevator Shaft on Garvins, and Iron Ring at higher water, in which I even got out of Room of Doom eddy.  I’ve also managed to really improve all my tricks, and I’m starting to get consistent tricks like airscrews, McNastys, blunts, and others.  I came second in competition Friday, coming close and just missing because my landing on my Phonix Monkey and McNasty weren’t straight. 

 I’ve really improved a ton, getting more comfortable in big water and surfing big waves, like Kahuna today.  It’s a giant wave in the middle of Coliseum rapid, which I felt super good surfing today, which I think shows how much more comfortable I am with big water.  Anyway, it’s been an awesome week here at Keeners, and I’m looking forward to the next one, with Steve-o Wright as head coach!

Happy late Canada Day/ early July 4 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment