Thursday 4 July 2013

Robert's second week

Hey it's Robert writing, in my scond week for this first session.

Last week was awesome, and this week is almost over, it's incredile how time goes by. This week was much better than last week, in several aspects; I got to do race day Wednesday, I paddled down the main and I surfed my biggest wave (so far). This wave was Big Cahuna, which I was terrified to do at first, but evryhing work out well. The idea I had going into the wave was to catch the eddie on river left, but screwed up! I actually hit the reaconarie, which fliped me over, and pushed me towards the wave. I rolled back up just on time, and realized I was at the top of the wave just to catch a huge pass. Sick! What I learned from this mistake is to never give up on what you were trying to achieve, because you will always have a second chance to accomplish it.

That was definitely the highlight of my week so far. One thing that I was looking forward to do this week was to take the " inflatable sombrero" down McCoys rapid, with Andrew and Ben. We had already taken it down the Iniciation rapid, which was incredibly unexpected. I wanted it to be BWBBT to be able to this, but unfortunately we ran out of time. So my next goal for the weekend and next big water beat down is to take the sombrero down Right or Left side Phills, and expect an great beat down

Pura Vida! Until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment