Thursday 18 July 2013

Sarah's first blog

Hey there! My name is Sarah, I'm 16 and I'm from Ottawa. Even though I'm from Ottawa I had never been on the Ottawa River before Keeners because I paddle on the Madawaska which is near my cottage. Today was big water beatdown Thursday and I had a super fun time! In the morning I didn't do any beatdowns because I went with the other group to practice skills. We ran the bottom of McCoy's and then I got some surfs on Baby Face. After that we ran The Lorne then surfed at pushbutton. I got my first ever spin on pushbutton and it was really exciting! After lunch I ran the main with the group and we swam in the whirlpools at the bottom of butcher's knife. I got a lot of great rides and managed to go pretty deep and far. I decided to go down Norman's without a skirt on (the other options were backwards or eyes closed). I ended up swimming but so did everyone else that went with no skirt on. I also went with no skirt down the last rapid and managed to stay up until I hit the tongue even though my boat was completely underwater. I'm so happy I got to come to Keeners and I'm having an amazing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment