Tuesday 2 July 2013

Greyson's Week 2 Begins!

So the first week of Keeners is unfortunately over but things were great! Competition Friday allowed many of us to practice our loops and hole boating techniques at the hole "Warm Apple Pie." I almost got a loop so I'm pretty stoked about that and now week 2 begins.
     
Working on Clean Spins at Big Smoothie Wave
Stephen Wright joined Keeners on Sunday and will take over for Joel Kowalski as head coach. I've only paddled with him for one day but so far his advice and personality make for a fun day on the river. Swift Water Rescue Training begins today and despite many of us already having the training, some of us are planning on tagging along to refresh our skills.
       Week 1 went by very quickly and I hope week 2 slows itself down. I'm super excited to continue to kayak on the Ottawa as new features come in as the water drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment