Sunday 30 June 2013

Pete's first blog

Hello, blog-readers. My name is Pete Pritchard, and I'm from Chattanooga Tennessee. Today marks the first full week of the keener program session 1. All I've got to say is... it's been real. I've met some awesome people, and the Ottawa River is the bomb. These high-volume, monsterous rapids are very different than the shallow rivers in the South East. This camp is like no other, and I'm so glad that I'm a part of it. This week was awesome and I can't wait for the next two.

learning how to tie a water knot at
ropes and knots last thursday.
Today, I did not get to go free paddling until 7 because I had to finish my first aid class. I will say that it was very long and parts of it were boring, but I'm super glad that I have the new knowledge.  I know that I'll need it on the water someday.

The craziest thing happened on the river today! This morning the gauge said the water was at 12ft and at the end of the day it dropped to 8. I had never seen or heard of a river dropping that quickly, and especially not the Ottawa. I guess it is because of people playing with gates that make the dam- so who know what it will be tomorrow.

Well, this is all I have to say tonight. You'll read from me soon. Keep an eye out for us keeners. We always love meeting new boaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment