Wednesday 26 June 2013

Matt Smith First Blog Post


My name is Matt Smith and this is my second year as a keener. I am from Asheville, North Carolina and I really came to keeners for the instruction and size of the rapids. I have not been disappointed. 

Today started out like any other with a run and an ab workout. We ate breakfast, cleaned up, put our gear on and did our routine warm ups. We then split up into two groups, one of which ran the middle channel while the other ran the main channel. I decided to run the main channel to get a chance to surf Buseater. In total I got 5 runs on Buseater, 3 of which I stayed in long enough to throw some tricks. We then floated down to Butcher’s Knife and played in the whirlpools. By playing in the whirlpools I mean paddling into them, spinning around a bit, and then if you’re lucky you completely disappear and pop back up downstream. We then went down to Coliseum, scouted it, and ran a sick route down the center.

 All in all, this was one of my best days on the river and I’m pumped up to do some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment