Wednesday 26 June 2013

Hi, Jarand writing!

This is my first post on this blog, but it will come some more later!

I am a 16 year old kayaker from Stavanger, Norway. I have been whitewater kayaking for about 4 years now. My background for kayaking is probobly my father, which have dragged me into seakayak and flatwater kayak since i could walk. At my sparetime at home, I usually (beside kayaking) hike in the mountains. The river here in Ottawa, Canada, is much larger that I am used to paddle at home in Norway. Norway have besides the few little larger, mostly shellow, tiny, rocky rivers (creeks), with few good playboat spots.

My goals for these 3 weeks is to learn some new tricks as airscrew and blunt. I also really want to learn more about safety, and teaching whitewater kayaking, which is super fun, but also dangerous sometimes. One of my goals is also to learn to speak and write English better, but that is also one of the hardest challenges.

Hear from me soon.
Jarand

No comments:

Post a Comment