Friday 24 August 2018

Why Keeners is a Great Place to meet other Kayaking Kids - Abby Holcombe

Last year I participated in session 3 as well and I love how this challenging  kayak program brings together all these different types of kayakers and people from all around the world to one incredible river on the Ottawa river. There have been Keeners from the UK, Ireland, different regions of North America and even one keener who was Russian in the past two keener sessions that I have participated in. I love how the keener program has given me the opportunity to meet all these amazing people who have become really close friends whom I never would have met without this program. My family and I are planning on going to Europe next summer and it will be so cool to get to see all my fellow Keeners on their home river. Even back in the states it’s really nice to run into a familiar face while running the river! Not only do I make friends while I am at Keeners I have met so many other former Keeners. I like our keener clothing is a conversation starter and I frequently have conversations with other kayakers and former Keeners regarding my prized keener sweatshirt. To conclude, I love how the keener program is a great way to meet new kayaking friends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment