Sunday 19 August 2018

3 Key Tips to Backfliping -By Katie Fankhouser

Last week I did my first backflip off a cliff jumping rock. And let me tell you, I was absolutely brikin it before hand. I was really afraid of hitting my head or landing too close to the rock. But after some well needed advice and encouragement I was able to do it.
My first rule of thumb; fall before you jump. Always make sure you are already falling backwards off the rock before you jump out, that will keep your head away from any rocks you may be worried about hitting.
Second: ALWAYS COMMIT! If you chicken out mid way through you are more likely to mess up. Keep your head back, spot your landing, and go full send.
Third; Start on something smaller. My first few we're off a five foot drop and after some practice jumps I was able to do it off the twenty footer. When doing it off the taller cliffs it is much better to keep your body layed out instead of in a ball. This will keep you from over rotating and floping when you hit the water. So just remember these three imortant tips and get out there and get flippin' flippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment