Thursday 2 August 2018

How to prepare for a championship by Landon Miller

There are many ways that you can train for championships.  This topic gets me stoked and ready to go kayaking. I have only personally been to 2 Championships. The two championships I’ve been to are, the national championships of 2016/2017 and the national championships of 2017/2018. Both of these events I did really good at in the 2016 National championship I got second and the most recent National championship I got 1st in cadets freestyle and 3rd in c1.  I did a lot to get ready for these championships.  One of the things I did was go down to the feature (hole/wave) that it was at and practice that feature for long periods of time and at all different water flows. This helped me a lot because I had a better experience and was way better used to the competition spot at all water levels.  Even thought some of the spots were a long walk I always had good shoes to lessen the pain of the walk (astral loyaks are the best). The second thing I did was that I would work out during the days I wasn’t kayaking.  This would usually consist on days that I also would go kayaking on. I would mostly work out on Monday-Thursday and sometimes Sunday.  One of the last things I did to get ready to compete was I would learn how to do all of my tricks in flat water and video them, then when I would go to the feature I would video me doing that trick and watch how I was doing it wrong on the feature compared to how I would do it right in flat water.


No comments:

Post a Comment