Thursday 23 August 2018

The Gatineau river - By: Andrew Burgoyne

Gatineau

Every Keener session we go to a different river then Ottawa river. We either go to the petawawa river whitch I live about 30 minutes away from or the gatineau river. Last year we went to the petawawa but today we went on the Gatineau, I think I like the Gatineau better then the petawawa because I think that you can do more in it and it has more play spots and more rapids. The Gatineau has about 6 rapids and the petawawa has about 4 or 5 rapids, the Gatineau has a lot of flat water for a while until it hits the second rapid then there is bairly any flat water. I think my favorite rapid on the Gatineau would be the wall because it has a nice hole at the top then has a great wave train that you can kickflip and then at the end there is a huge wall wave at the and it is the best thing to dive into. I tried to boof over it but I flew really high up in the air and then landed on my head, it pulled me back up into a front surf and it was so cool because it is so high and then my friend Panda saw what was happening and was heading right for me and then he crouched down like he was going down a waterfall and he dives right through the wave and I almost dripped right on top of him. U had such a nice day today. But that's why l had a great day today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment