Friday 24 August 2018

The Gatineau Road Trip by Hunter Kalat


    Normally on Wednesdays at keeners the day is spent doing various races on the Ottawa. This Wednesday we still raced but this time it was the Gatineau instead of the Ottawa. While we made the two hour drive through Quebec i kept wondering what this river would offer. 
    When we got on the river there was a short stretch of flat water followed by a really fun rapid called Lucifer’s. When we got there were allowed to walk up and down the rapid and run as lines as we wanted. In the bottom right part of the rapid there was a monster hydraulic were several awesome beat downs took place. Once we were done doing laps on the rapid it was time for the race. My start for the race was not optimal and my line was less then perfect but two people in my group were disqualified which put me in first place and allowed me to race in the winners bracket.
     For the winners bracket race we were going down a rapid I had never seen which made it pretty fun. Unfortunately for me I did not start well during the race but because I had had a good line I still got third out of five. 
     After we finished the race we kept making our way down the river. The rest of the Gatineau was awesome and had many good play spots. At one of these spots I did one of the best blunts I have ever thrown which made me very happy. Overall the Gatineau is an awesome river with tons off potential for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment