Tuesday 1 July 2014

Changing Waters of the Ottawa

Running Phils at 8 feet
Hi I`m Jonny this is my second blog of the session. One of the things I noticed on the Ottawa was how fast the levels dropped over the course of a weekend. When I got to keeners last week the level was around 10 on the gauge. Each notch on the gauge is about a foot and now its around 3. One of my favorite waves called Waikiki was in until 6 feet, but now its gone;  so sad. Even though Waikiki is no longer really surfable new fun waves are in like Chopping block wave and more will be coming in soon. Its amazing, but at every level the Ottawa has some kind of fun wave or hole to surf.

Every day on the river with its different levels is tons of fun since some features are gone and changed. Its like re-discovering the river everyday. Wondering what has changed or is different each time I go down it gives the day a fun sense of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment