Monday 14 July 2014

Max's first awesome blog post

So, I'm back at keeners for my second ever keener session and it has been great so far. I'm really excited to build upon my skills and make new friends. It's only been a day so there aren't as many stories as I would have liked. Today I got to test out my new boat on some giant whitewater. The water level was a lot higher than I remember it being last year. We did some ice breaker speeches today where we introduced ourselves to the other keeners. We also paddled the whole river excluding McCoy's rapid. I got the day started off surfing on baby face and practicing blunts/roundhouses/spins. I'm really excited for future days including the weekly beatdown and competitions. After the surf we paddled down to Garberator wave which has not formed clearly. I managed to pull off a  cartwheel(accidental) and was really hyped. Right below that wave I also got a beatdown by Waikiki. Finally, the last really interesting event occurred down by coliseum where I ran a meltdown line and stayed down under water for ~5 seconds. That's pretty good. I'm going to have to go to sleep but can't  wait for tomorrow. This is the best camp ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment