Tuesday 29 July 2014

Isaiah Galbraith's Last Blog



Hello Readers,

This is once again, Isaiah Galbraith. That 17 year old that only wants to be on the water in his boat. Well, this appears to be my last post, but I don't want it to be another sad goodbye, when really this is just a new beginning. 

Keeners has made many things that seemed impossible for me to ever do, seem possible. It has developed my on water skills to a level I would feel very comfortable with teaching others. Keeners has also changed me off water. I have become a much better leader, I no longer talk to others, I talk with them. I have learned the difference between a good and bad leader. There's just so much that keeners has taught me. But once again, I don't want to end my last post talking about what other people have talked about. 

There are so many things I could talk about, but it seems as though everything has already been said. So as I sit here, trying to find a topic to write about, I don't feel sad. I feel surprisingly happy. I keep trying to think about the best moment, or the most  memorable moment. But in reality? The only way I can sum up my experience, is to simply say that I am an ex Keener now. 

So as I start my last week, of the last session in my life. I will remember that for now, I can call myself a Keener. I can look at my coaches, the creator of the loop, the current record holder for the highest scoring ride in freestyle as well as record holder for longest mystery move, as well as the new generation in paddlers. I can look at any of these legendary paddlers and be able to ask them to teach me how to loop, how to bow stall, or even what I can do to improve my forward paddling. 

This last week is what will be my big bang. I can't wait to see what lies next for me. 

Until then! It's time for me to go paddling some more on this beloved river. 


Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment