Wednesday 30 July 2014

Nick Finally Learns a Trick!

Hello again its Nicholas,
Smiles from Keenerville
When I came to Keeners I had know clue what I was doing in the playboat and would jealously watch the senior Keeners do these complicated and impressive tricks. Each time they flushed off the wave I would pick their brains and try and figure out all the little details about whichever tricks they did. On tuesday, the trick that I had gotten into my head to try and "master" was the roundhouse. the roundhouse is like a shuvit with the pivot point being the bow and with the stern going no greater than forty five degrees up. After surfing corner wave a few time just to get a feel for it, I finaly decided to give it a few tries. My first two were total failures and after that I had trouble catching the wave. I talked a lot with Clay Wright and he gave me a key piece of information which was to get onto a left edge before switching to the right edge which would help me gain lots of momentum. After putting all the pieces together I finally landed it and I was STOKED!! After lunch I worked a lot with both Clay and Stephen to slowly make it more consistant. I am now quite comfortable doing this trick and am excited to learn another!!

No comments:

Post a Comment