Wednesday, 19 August 2026
Yakr by Max Goldberg
Tinder is an app for people to match with other people to go on dates. My idea for an app, Yakr, is similar to Tinder in the sense of matching with other people. But instead of for dates, it’s to find people to kayak with. The main reason I had this idea for an app is that back at home, the main reason I can’t kayak is because I don’t have anyone to go with, and I’m assuming other people might have that problem and this app would solve that. First step is to make an account. Instead of selecting gender like you would on Tinder (I’ve heard from a friend) you select what brand of kayak you use and what brand of kayak you’re interested in paddling with. Next you select your paddle length. Similar to how you could put your height, you have to put your paddle length because some people might only want to kayak with people whose paddles are 194 cm or longer. Then after you put in your location you can start swiping left or right, and after a match the two people will communicate and meet up to go and kayak. Similar to Tinder there will be very limited stuff you can do for free, it’s $39.99 a month for unlimited swipes. $49.99 a month to see who has swiped yes on you and $59.99 a month to have select customization such as choosing what tricks they can do or what boat size they are. In conclusion this app will help find people find others to kayak with and have more fun on the river.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment