Wednesday, 12 August 2026
Pro Tip - Always Check your Gear Before Surfing Garb by Saul Glick
Usually at Keeners, your first few days are full of settling in, getting to know people, and getting gear ready for the weeks ahead. However, I missed most of my first week, meaning that my first day would be, “Funky Fresh Freestyle Friday!!” in Stephen’s words. In other words, I was jumping right into a lot of paddling on my very first day.
My day started very well, I landed some roundhouses and a blunt! But, I had made one fatal flaw that would cost me a lot of swimming that afternoon; not checking my gear with the coaches that morning. My skirt ended up imploding twice in a row, causing my entire group to spend their afternoon chasing me, my gear, and my boat around the Lorne. And wow did I swim a lot that afternoon.
In the end, I did my two runs on push button and definitely snit a bit out of disappointment that I couldn’t surf garb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment