Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Why Popcorn is the Best Keener Snack by Jack Flemming

I am slightly biased toward popcorn. I think it is a legendary snack for many different reasons, which I will cover later, but I also think it is particularly legendary at Keeners. Before I tell you why, I think it is worth noting that my love of popcorn is hereditary. My dad is a notorious popcorn eater, as well as my older brother, who actually has a plate in the thunderdome that gives him the glorious title of “Mr. Popcorn.” So you ask, why is it so good? It seems so basic. How could a literal vegetable be a good snack? My answer: because it is like nothing else. Go ahead and try to think of a snack that shares the unique qualities of popcorn. It is hard, and if you can think of one, I would love to hear it. There is something immensely satisfying about the uniqueness of popcorn, especially when paired with the rest of its amazing elements. What does this have to do with Keeners, though? At Keeners, and more specifically in Robertson’s, we arrived and found an entire box of microwave popcorn that the last two sessions had left behind. This meant that we had been eating an ungodly amount of it for the past week. We eat it when we get off the water, with the movies we watch, and just for fun. The reason it is the best Keener's snack is how it is already amazing like I described above, but abundantly available and exceptional considering the schedule and life at Keenerville.

No comments:

Post a Comment