Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Wild Wacky Wave Wednesday by Connor Cole

During our makeshift Wild Wacky Wave Wednesday in substitute for Freestyle Friday, Wolfy decided to start beatdown Thursday a little early. The last rapid of the section,”Black’s” has a very sticky hole on the river right side. I eddied out on river right as I wanted to surf it, so did one of my fellow keeners, Wolfy. I let him surf it first and he said,”Take my Paddle” and then he proceeded to approach the hole. Once he got in the surf he was stable for a while until, he got window shaded. Some would’ve thought this is the end but, Wolfy being Wolfy, he hand rolled back up and continued to be surfed by the hole. He continued being chundered, windowshaded, flipping end over end, and also continued hand rolling back up, It was EPIC. Eventually the hole got the best of him and he spilled out, rescued his boat with the help of Jackson and while Wolfy was floating down he screamed,”THIS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN MISSING WITH ENGLISH WHITEWATER”, Truly Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment