Wednesday, 5 August 2026

My Goals as a Kayaker by Zade Hatton

Kayaking has always seemed awesome. My whole life I have watched my family and friends kayak. There was a race on my local river called the Nordhighmer race. My dad would always participate while my mom would take me and my sister to watch from pullouts high above the rapids and it seemed like an impossible feat for me to one day run the same rapids. Both of my parents have always been very nervous to get me into kayaking. They had heard many stories of people passing away from the sport. One of their worst fears is me becoming an extreme kayaker. On the other hand we have always lived by the river and I always wanted to kayak. Finally last year I went to another camp and got my roll. Since then I haven’t done much but go to school and spend time on the river. My dream is to one day be able to run all of the bigger runs around my home alongside my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment