Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Playing Basketball with a Canadian Guy After Dinner by Kam Weiss

Dinner is always an interesting time for the Keeners, especially when traveling down to WT. During the mealtime, the food ranges from two different things: a chicken kebab with a pita or BBQ chicken, and only those two meals. After eating, however, the time spent at WT gets much more interesting as we are allowed to play sports like basketball, hockey or volleyball. On this specific night, I decided to play basketball with a Canadian dude who was shooting around. Watching him play for around 30 seconds, I could see that he was making his shots, and his height was much greater than mine, and he was even taller than my partner, Will. After the guy, who I later learned was 15, asked us to run a 2v1 (which we agreed to), we got promptly destroyed at around 11-2 after he either hit a mid range shot or euro stepped both of us into an easy layup. At this point, we had been playing for only around 5 minutes, and I decided to step it up and try to actually win in a new game to 5, which we did. We easily ended up beating him after I did a spin move into a fadeaway and hit a couple jumpers. Even though I wrote this entire blog about basketball, I really want to talk about how interesting and fun it can be to do something with someone you have never met and can have a really fun time. And also Canadians are good at basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment