Wednesday, 12 August 2026

A Day for Improvement by John Wagner

I despise Mondays more than any other day, it’s the day where you have to get up in the morning. Even if that activity is kayaking that’s not a pleasant experience at all, but this Monday just felt different. I got up feeling good in a way I can’t describe, rested but not drowsy, like I had woken up before and was just waiting to get up, to get on the water. As soon as I did the improvements started coming. First I started bow stalling much longer than I had before and much more balanced. Which may have gotten in the way of more important skills but it felt good. Unfortunately trying to learn to loop in flat water didn’t work out so great, I just fell on my face a lot, but I did get much much closer to getting it on baby face later in the day. I just have to work on my loop stroke and I’ll have it. It would be too much to get it all in one day, but I’m going to keep working on it for the rest of the week and then if I still can’t. The rest of the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment