Wednesday, 5 August 2026
Fireflies at Keeners by Kai Stowers
This week on the Ottawa River has felt like summer at its best.
We spent Thursday and Friday chasing waves, either getting destroyed in right side phil’s, or trying to stay on Corner Wave, working to land that last trick, cheering every ride, and laughing after every wipeout. Every session made us a little better and gave us another story to tell.
When the sun went down, we traded our kayaks for fireflies, running through the grass, jumping around, and catching tiny lights that blinked in the dark. For a little while, it felt like being a kid again.
The river, the games, the people, and the late-night laughs have made this trip unforgettable. It's hard to believe this has been real life. The whole trip has felt like a dream.
I'm so grateful to be here—grateful for the Ottawa River, for the Keener program, for everyone I've met, and for memories I'll still be talking about years from now.
Some weeks stay with you forever. I know Keeners will be one of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment