Wednesday, 19 August 2026

The Mouse by Azalea Burnham

Yakistan is known to all to have animals of all shapes and sizes. One of the animals that is rarely seen but the worst is a mouse. Now it may seem like a mouse in your cabin is chill, or even cool, many people think that Yakistan can handle a small mouse because they have a chipmunk, but no. Last Sunday a mouse was spotted in the bathroom at around nine. I thought that this was our iconic chipmunk, Fien, but no this was way worse... This was a mouse, small, evil, creepy, and the keys to getting huantavirus or the plague. When I screamed the dreaded word, mouse, my cabinmate Sofia and I jumped up onto couches and we decided that we were not going to touch the ground for the rest of the night. We then decided we wanted to trap the mouse in a bucket to release it outside. We crept up into the bathroom and sat in the shower and on the counter. When Becca arrived we were still in our perches away from the mouse and she told us the best news ever, that we were going to get mouse traps. I learned that night that you should not panic about the smallest creatures because they are most likely or be scared of you and there is most likely always going to be something you can do about the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment