Wednesday, 5 August 2026
The Art of Learning How to Kayak at Keeners by Jasper Vollmerhaus
At Keeners coaches and people often promote failure, because it is a key to success. And this is awesome! This means no matter what happens a day on the water you had a successful day. You go into garb upside down and swim? Great! you learned how to not catch Garb. You tried to go through pipeline on the Lorne and you immediately get rejected, and thrown into the rocks? Great! You learned to lift your right knee more. This makes everyday fun because if you swim, mess up a line, a trick you figure out exactly what to do next time. So often when I am paddling to the take out at wilderness tours and I feel I could’ve done better, I think about what all the coaches say about failure, and when I look back on the day, I realize I actually had a lot of fun, and took many integral steps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment