Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Stephen's Magical Adventure by Holden Harrell

It was Tuesday afternoon, and Stephen decided that he should get a group together and hike instead of paddling to the big surf wave, Garborator. Looking at satellite images, it seemed much faster and more efficient to just walk compared to the almost one-mile paddle. So, with some other friends from Keeners, I decided to tag along for what seemed like a fun adventure. We started with about five of us and walked down the gravel road by White House and into the woods. The second I stepped off the gravel road, I knew this was going to be a long, hard walk. The forest was thick. We were hiking over fallen trees, around huge boulders, and through things that you definitely wouldn’t want to hike through. We finally reached an opening with water. Everyone was super excited and happy to be out there, and we all realized that we were actually having fun. Type 2 fun, as they say. We then all got into the water and paddled over to Garborator.

No comments:

Post a Comment