Friday 28 July 2023

Why You Shouldn't Be Scared for Competition Day If You Can't Surf - By Saige Shulda

This is my first year at keeners and I have little to no surfing experience. I was scared for the competition day, convinced I would get zero points and very not excited for everyone to watch my video at the end of the day. But in the end, I had a lot of fun.

Firstly, the coaches give keener points. All you have to do to get a point is catch the wave, and celebrate even if you fail. Additionally, you will definitely have gotten better and more comfortable with surfing by the time Friday rolls around because of the amazing coaches. And finally, all the keeners are super nice. So when they watch the video of you surfing at the end of the day they are quick to give points for even the most questionable tricks. Friday was a lot of fun and I’m even looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment