Friday 28 July 2023

How SRT Ruined My Garb: By Philippe Laniel

One of the things that I love most in my kayak is to surf and there is not much for me that comes close to surfing garburator. At keeners, we surf garb sometimes but for me, I could surf it all day everyday. The more opportunities that I get to improve my surfing skills and have fun surfing one of the funnest waves around, the more my happiness scale goes up. 

This week, most of us are doing a great course that is very important known as SRT which is a course that teaches us to rescue people in whitewater. Even though this course is great and important, seeing the other people get to surf garb all day did make me a little sad. The fact that today I did not even put on my skirt was simply sad in my humble opinion.

I was watching my kayak as I was leaving for the bus and seeing it sitting in the shed without any new scratches from the seal launch made my heart break. In the future I hope to surf more garb and less SRT that takes away my garb time and airscrew potential. If I could change it I would have done my SRT course before keeners and grab this golden opportunity to surf more of garburator.

No comments:

Post a Comment