Tuesday 20 August 2013

Jared's third post of awesomeness

Hey there, 2nd week of session 2 or my 3 week of keeners, were super fun. Again, I've learned so many things like how to do a helix to clean blunts.

But this time ill write more about whats going on around keenerville and coll stuff that happened on the river.

So first of all the level of the river have gone up about 3-4 feet in two days! That makes the level to be about +2. The water went up so fast that on Sunday Nicole, Sara, Marleigh and I went to garb in the morning and garb was so foamy and fun. But when we got back from lunch that took us about an hour and a half, neither of the Lorne waves were in. But with that level, corner wave, right side horse shoe, chopping block and right side black are good. Although, even with all of those cool waves and holes, i still miss garb a lot.

Secondly, I just tried a medium rock star and I have a lot of trouble throwing tricks and to toss it around. But it does improve my technique because I really have to do the right movements to actually do tricks. Also, i had a lot of trouble putting my skirt on, it got to the point that i have an open blister on my pom and i needed help to put it on. But that's caused by cockpit rim being slightly larger than a small rock star.

Anyways, I'm happy to be back in my small and I'll be throwing it around at are trip to Lachine rapids on Wednesday. I cant wait to be there!

Me doing a blunt on Corner wave

No comments:

Post a Comment