Sunday 25 August 2013

Happy ending ! (Léa)

It's already the end of this amazing adventure on the Ottawa river. I'll miss this place and most of all every single person I met. It was super cool to share the love of Whitewater.

Last Wednesday was the best day ever, the trip to Lachine ! The waves there are awesome, and it's really spectacular to paddle in front of skyscrapers. Also we had a super good weather. All the conditions were gathered to make us spend an amazing time surfing Big Joe. I really enjoyed surfing with my sister, both of us shouting for joy. I'll come back there for sure !

Last but not least Big Water Beat Down Bacon Thursday. Actually it was the best one. I went to right side Phils for an awesome and also interminable hand surf. After spending a good minute in, my boat was full of water and then hand rolling was quite hard. It finally turned out well after many attempts. I had a huge headache all the day long due to the flow's violence but it definitely worth it.


For our last day on the water, my sister and I decided to do some topo duo -mainly because our boats had already been taken- It was a kind of surf and roll session. I had the most hilarious moment of my life underwater. We went for a surf on right side Horseshoe and then we flipped over, however we didn't have decided yet which side to roll. So we individually tried to roll on different sides for a long time until we finally synchronized our paddle stroke and were on the same side. It might have been really fun to see the boat moving any old how according to the laugh of the other paddlers.


-Léa



Swimming the Lorne



No comments:

Post a Comment