Friday 2 August 2013

Jared's first blog of awesomeness

Hey, I'm Jared

I know that session 2 is coming to a close and many are leaving but I'm starting my 4 week session. Although, a week has gone by and it was super awesome. 

Something that I've notice at the beginning of the week, is that i am not in shape for kayaking. My abs, my back and even my legs are super sore. I've been getting cramps in my legs just by sitting in my kayak. And in it, my knees get bruised, it has gotten so bad that there's a small gash in it and i have to wear dry pants even though its warm out. In other cases, Wednesday we went to the Gatineau river to do some surfing and some river running. The waves there were pretty good actually, i got to do some blunts and even an accidental loop. The day after (big water beat down Thursday), was super fun but scary! I had a challenge of boofing right side Phil's but I didn't make it and got wrecked. Sadly, the camera wasn't rolling for most people so we didn't get to watch any beat downs. Then today was competition Friday. I didn't get any good surfs but the camera wasn't working so we didn't get everyone's surfs. Although, I can do panams and air screws once in a while on garb! I'm actually really happy cause that was one of my goals for the camp so i'll just concentrate more on my other goals.

So, that was my first weeks at keeners and I'll keep you updated next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment