Wednesday 7 August 2013

Tim Truesdell: week 2

Hey Tim here for my second blogpost,

This week I have adjusted fully into the kayaking mode and mindset.  The waves have been great, if not unreal.  Garb has greened out a little with makes it a little bit harder to catch and stick tricks on, but at the same time, a greener wave allows for bigger bounces.  A wave trick depends on two distinct parts: the takeoff, and the actual trick itself.  In the takeoff, a kayak bounces on one edge and because the water is moving so fast with stronger unbroken surface tension of green water, the boat is rejected from the the water and causing it to takeoff from the water.  Hopefully, a green garb will yield great video footage of big tricks and big air.  Once again I would like to thank my parents, coaches, and anna for some of the best weeks of my life as I continue to pursue new tricks and push the limits of my freestyle ability.  Till next time,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment