Wednesday 24 July 2024

Week 1: By Evan Bate

 At first I thought that the first few days would be awkward, but It was the opposite. The way people slowly trickle in makes it so that way you meet each other one at a time and that makes it better in my opinion. Keeners also instills teamwork from the very beginning. One example of this is each morning you have to cook your own breakfast. On the first morning, we made eggs, bacon, and strawberry pancakes. 

That leads me to my next topic “Food at Keeners”. 

Each day for lunch you either get premade sandwiches or you get to grill your own food while on the river. Most nights for dinner we go to Wilderness Tours and have some form of chicken. I like that you learn to cook your own food because for some kids, it is not a common occurrence at home. 

With all that being said. So far, Keeners has been a blast and I am having a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment