Friday 12 August 2022

First few days of Keeners camp - Lincoln Chalmers

My first few days at Keenan‘s Camp was great. We were on the water a lot and learned a bunch of safety rules and how to keep our cabins clean. Our first day we learned flatwater trick and I haven’t quite got it yet but I think a little more practice and I will cabinet. After that we did some surfing and we ran the rest of the river. My favorite rapid on that river has to be either Normans, Coliseum or Butcher's Knife they are really fun rapids. We also did some surfing and I got a lot more confident on my surfing. I didn’t surf big waves but I was like able to surf Moustache wave and sit on that for a while which I was pretty happy with. Then we came back from the river did some activities and went down for dinner. The first night I did not sleep the best but I still had some energy.

The second day was even more surfing and I was able to get onto Baby face and I was really happy with that. On Wednesday we did some racing. Our first race was on McCoy’s rapid and it was a relay race, my team came second which was pretty good. The next race was down the Lorne and it was a mass start race. I did not do very well in this race. The third race was a time trail down Coliseum and you had to touch the left shore with your paddle. The last race was a feet out race on Blacks and I did kind of well. Today is Big Water Beatdown and we throw ourselves into Phil's hole and try to get surfed by it and I am very excited. That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment