Friday 12 August 2022

By Sacha Payne

When I first came to Keeners, I wasn’t sure how well I would get along with the other campers and I was a little nervous about that. But upon arrival I found out that Keeners was a place I could be myself and hang out with loads of people who were on my wavelength and tons of fun to hang out with. I feel like I’ve made a lot of good lasting connections with my fellow campers and hopefully I’ll be able to paddle the Ottawa with them sometime after camp is done. Going into the program, I could barely back deck roll and my surfing was pretty negligible but even six days into the program I’ve improved a lot. The atmosphere here really pushes me to improve myself and I’ve grown a lot more confident surfing and running rapids. I love all the opportunities to swim in fun places and get beat down in places like right pit Phil’s. All in all, this has been a great first week and I’m psyched to spend two more with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment