Monday 30 June 2014

Hampsta`s First Blog

After a couple of interesting plain rides, an Italian feast and skeptical customs officers myself Jeremy Norbury and Max Rayner touched down in the international Ottawa Airport. I was relived to finally be finished with constant airplanes and airports and felt a sense of definitive joy. My journey could not have been accomplished if it weren`t for invaluable Max Rayner who guided us through multiple difficult circumstances including flight redirection and lost bags. Although the journey from New Zealand, my home, to the distant lands of America and Canada was overly tedious there were still many banterous and unforgettable memories especially at 30,000 feet in the air.
Hampsta at Venice (California)
 One memory that stands out distinctly from many others was the walk down Venice beach in Los Angeles. Arriving at the Venice Beach was like being transported to another world. It was a very strange, exotic atmosphere. One aspect that stood out along the Venice was the overpowering smells which could either entice you or disregard your nostrils. The people seemed so different. A highlight from Venice was watching amazingly skilled freestyle bikers who did tricks on flat ground that i didn`t know were possible. Unfortunatley the low light of the Venice beach walk was I felt like the people there had no regard for one another and it makes me feel lucky that I live in New Zealand where people have more respect for one another over a general population.

Not to end on a bad note, I am truly enjoying my time at keeners but you will have to wait till next week to get the rundown on my first week at the Ottawa Kayak School.

Yours truly Hampsta

No comments:

Post a Comment