Thursday 26 June 2014

Connor's perspective on BWBDT

Listening to Joel describe Phils Hole
My name is Connor and I am from Toronto, Canada. This is my first time at Keeners and so far the experience has been amazing. Although I have only been at Keeners for two days due to exams, I have learned so much and made so many new friends. After having only been whitewater kayaking for a week after doing the WT Teen Camp last summer, Big Water Beatdown Day was definitely an intimidating challenge for me. Even though I was nervous about every rapid today I had the most incredible time. After being upside down in basically every rapid today, surfing left side Phil's  and running Coliseum were definitely two huge highlights of my day. Having so many friendly, supportive and knowledgeable faces, not just with the instructors but with the other Keeners as well, made the day so much easier and so much more fun for me. All in all, a fantastic beatdown day for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment