Friday 21 August 2020

Why you should go to keeners! Elijah

 Keeners was lots of fun this year!  I leaned a lot about kayaking like how to do a better forward stroke and cleaner tricks. I also learned how to do tricks like loops and air screws which I can’t do yet but I bet by next summer I will get.  The coaching sticks in your brain and you can accomplish a lot in the three weeks of keeners.  I will definitely want to come back next year so I can continue be guided to doing new tricks and river running skills.  The advice that the coaches will give you is not really advice but more what you should be doing to improve.  You also learn really good river safety skills like how to rescue swimmers safely and effectively.  As well as how to treat injuries on the river and in your daily lives.  I would recommend keeners to anyone with a whitewater roll and who wants to learn important life and kayaking skills


No comments:

Post a Comment