Thursday 6 August 2020

Being a new versus returning keener - Marshall

Keeners is an amazing experience in 2019 I did my first session, it was extremely low water which led to garburator and pushbutton. But this year something else happened I became a returning keener. It is a completely different dynamic with the other keeners. The new keeners often ask questions about race days or big water bacon beat down Thursday. The keeners look to you as a source of wisdom about things they are worried about. Another new thing is revisiting all the things you used to enjoy like making breakfast in White House or the entire Ottawa river. Being a new keener brings challenges of the mind, being a returning keener is a strange feeling especially when compared to a first time keener. I’m not sure which is more fun or beneficial for kayaking but, I am excited to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment