Monday 24 August 2020

Why It Is Important To Make An Effort To Be Positive And Happy On The Water - Sophie Gilfillan

I believe that positivity on the water is vital because not only will it help you have a more fun time, but it will also show other kayakers who are new to the sport that kayaking is fun and is always a good time. When I am on the water, whether that be at a competition or just running the river with my friends, I always make an effort to smile and look happy with my rides even if they were bad or not what I wanted. This will show other kayakers two things. The first being that kayaking is fun and shouldn’t be taken too seriously. Second, laughing at your mistakes is okay and makes learning a lot easier.

Another way that you can be positive on the water is by cheering on other people even if you don’t know them. When I am on the water and I see someone do a cool trick or get out of a sticky situation, I make sure to cheer for them because I know that if that were me in that situation I would want someone cheering me on. Finally, kayaking is a fun sport but can be easily ruined by a bad attitude or being too serious. On the river your attitude not only effects your fun but it can also heavily impact others fun or outlook on kayaking.

To summarize, try to always be the happiest most stoked version of you that you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment