Sunday 25 July 2021

 Sunburns: Noah Koppens 


Sunburns, what can I say about them other than they suck. I’m choosing this topic for my blog because, the first day here at keeners I managed to get a bad sunburn. We were hanging out at McCoys for the morning and we went back to “keenerville” where our cabins are to eat. After that we ran the main channel. On the first day I remembered sunscreen during the morning , however in the afternoon I forgot. So here’s a couple things I do now so I don’t make my sunburn worse and if you’re prone to sunburns as well you should do this too. Step 1. Wear something that has long sleeves. This can be a long sleeve shirt, rash guard, dry top or whatever you have to block the sun from your skin. Step 2. WEAR SUNSCREEN! I can’t stress this enough, whatever you do wear sunscreen and bring some with you on the river. If you forget or don’t have something too bring it in. Ask the people you are with if they have some, and if so ask if you can borrow it. If you don’t have any and they don’t have any your face and hands might get burnt but at least most of your skin is covered by something long. Once you have followed these steps you should be good to go on the river and not get burnt so bad that you are glowing red.

No comments:

Post a Comment