Friday 23 July 2021

 Ear infections: Cam Richardson 

Ear infections are caused by too much time in river water. This happens when you don’t empty out you ear when you have been swimming or rolling. Trust me they hurt. I have had multiple ear infections before but this one I got at keepers was the worst one. A few things that I found helpful when treating an ear infection were: 

1. Filling a hot water bottle up with hot water with a cloth and resting it on your ear can help I lot. It relives I lot of the pain/pressure.

2. The second thing that can work is a warm 
wet cloth this sorta does the same thing as the hot water bottle but it will get
your ear wet.

3. The last tip I have for treating ear infections is STAY OFF THE WATER until you ear infection is gone! This tip can suck. However if you don’t it’s better than getting you ear wet and the possibility of having an even worse ear infection and missing out on a lot of kayaking. 

I hope these tips helped and stay safe on the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment