Wednesday 29 June 2022

The Mental Game - Charles Dockendorf

During keeners, one is more than certain to experience fear. From running a big rapid to being without the comforts of their home for three weeks, fear is something that is everywhere. In the keeners program, fear is what helps us get out of our comfort zones and push ourselves to become better and stronger people. Though it is crucial to developing as a person, it is not always easy to deal with.

Over the past week, I have frequently found myself scared either due to surfing mini bus at a hungry level or hitting colosseum on the main. One thing that has helped me deal with this fear is the stoke of my fellow keeners convincing me to do things as well as the reassurance of the instructors showing me that I am safe. One of my key mottos throughout this session has been “if you’re scared to do it, just do it scared”. This shows that we don’t always have to get away from our fear and we can learn that fear is an integral part is progressing to the next level and pushing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment